· Both Cincinnati Reds on FOX Sports Ohio and Cleveland Indians on SportsTime Ohio beat out NBC’s local coverage of the NHL Stanley Cup Final game on Friday, June 13th. With a rating of 6.50, the Reds beat the NHL game by a whopping 361%. The Indians, with a 4.78 rating, also out-rated the hockey final by 167%.
The Indians won their third straight and the opener of a four-game set with the Angels, 4-3, last night thanks in part to home runs by Carlos Santana (now 13 for his last 39 (.333)) and Asdrubal Cabrera. Trevor Bauer’s 119 pitches were a career high and the most thrown by any Tribe starter this season while Carlos Carrasco earned his first career save.
- The game earned a 7.8 HH rating on SportsTime Ohio (over 115,000 households).
- The game peaked at an 9.86 HH rating.
- From 8:00pm until the end of the game, the average rating was a 9.0 HH rating.
- The game was #1 for the day.
- Year-to-year, the Indians are up 14% on SportsTime Ohio.
At 22-11, the Indians own the highest home winning percentage in the majors, and now have won 10 straight at Progressive Field.
SportsTime Ohio will air All Bets Are Off live from Rally Alley on Friday and will produce a special one-hour Indians Live pregame show on Saturday to cover the on-field ceremony of longtime shortstop and fan favorite Omar Vizquel becoming the 40th member of the Indians Hall of Fame.
FOX Sports Ohio Girl Sara will attend the Special Olympics USA Games held at Mercer County Park in New Jersey today through Thursday. Follow her on Twitter / Facebook as she and five other FOX Sports Girls will interact with fans and attend softball, tennis and soccer competitions as well as other events surrounding the Games.