- The first Cavs preseason game set a record for FOX Sports Ohio with the highest rated preseason game. The exhibition against Maccabi Tel Aviv (also the former team for Cavs Coach David Blatt) delivered a 3.5 HH in Cleveland (approx. 52,000 households). The game also garnered ratings in Columbus and Cincinnati with a 0.97 (9,000 HH) and a 0.42 (3,800 HH) respectively.
- Their 106-100 win over the Bucks on 10/14 on SportsTime Ohio garnered a 3.27 HH in Cleveland and a 1.83 HH in Columbus.
- Their 98-93 win vs. the Pacers on 10/15 on FOX Sports Ohio earned a 2.87 HH in Cleveland and 1.94 in Columbus [photo gallery from game]. Wednesday’s game was at Xavier University’s Cintas Center in Cincinnati and the FOX Sports Ohio Girls were on site to interact with fans.
- The Cavs-Mavs preseason game on 10/17 garnered a 4.1 HH rating in Cleveland on SportsTime Ohio, the highest rated preseason game to date on STO, and a 1.2 in Columbus (the same time as the Blue Jackets game on FSO). The second highest rated Cavs preseason game on STO in CLE is the 3.27 HH from 10/14.
- The Cavs beat the Bulls 107-98 10/20 at Ohio State University’s Schottenstein Center and the game on FOX Sports Ohio got a 4.3 HH rating in Cleveland (tied the highest Cavs preseason rating on FSO from 12/20/2011 game vs. Pistons) and a 1.9 HH in Columbus. FOX Sports Ohio Girls Bridget and Kristine were at the game to highlight the fan experience via social media, including Burst videos of Cavs intro and OSU marching band.
- The Cavs-Grizzlies game Wed. 10/22 garnered a 2.0 HH rating on FOX Sports Ohio, beating ESPN +29% in the side by side.
Cavs preseason ratings successes
The seven Cavs preseason games on FOX Sports Ohio/SportsTime Ohio averaged a 3.1 HH, the best preceding a season that was not shortened and where more than one preseason game was televised.