Intern Insider

MEET THE FSOHIO FALL 2009 INTERNS!



Brent Beck Graduate Intern
Education: Kent State University
Major: M.A. in Sport and Recreation Management
Expected Graduation January 2010
Undergrad: Miami University
Hometown: Dayton, Ohio
My FSO Experience: Working for FOX Sports Ohio has been an amazing experience. My favorite moment so far was the production tour at The Q before the pre-season Cavs game against Greece Olympiacos!


Stacey Boyer Production Intern
Education: The Ohio State University - Bachelor's degree June 2008
Major: Communication
Ohio Center for Broadcasting Expected Graduation December 2009
Hometown: Akron, Ohio
My FSO Experience: I have had the opportunity to assist at High School Football games of the week, Columbus Blue Jackets, and Cleveland Cavaliers at the Quicken Loans Arena. My favorite tasks as an FSO intern so far has been coming up with feature ideas for the Cavs. I am most looking forward to working with my fellow interns on the promotional commercial for the FSO internship program in the near future.

Anna McGuire Marketing / PR / Ad Sales Intern
Education: John Carroll University Major: Communications / Marketing Expected Graduation May 2010
Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
My FSO Experience: There is never a dull moment at FOX Sports Ohio. I have really enjoyed my experience at FSO working with the marketing, public relations, and ad sales departments. My favorite experiences have been the promotions at the Northeast Ohio High School Football “Game of the Week” and the production tour at The Q!
John McLendon Marketing / PR / Ad Sales Intern
Education: Baldwin-Wallace College
Expected Graduation May 2011
Major: Marketing/International BusinessHometown: Canton, Ohio
My FSO Experience: My FSO experience has been amazing, being able to learn from such a great group of people and I would recommend any student to apply for this opportunity. The methods I am learning in the classroom have gone hand in hand with things I am learning on the job, which has helped me apply my knowledge in both areas. The work experience has also help build an excellent resume for when I am out of the classroom and searching for a job.

Paige Watson Production Intern
Education: Baldwin-Wallace College
Expected Graduation May 2010
Major: Broadcasting/Mass Communications and Public Relations
Hometown: Carey, Ohio
My FSO Experience: I have enjoyed my time so far at FOX Sports Ohio. I have learned a lot of new things behind the scenes, and enjoy working with all the professionals. I am involved in the productions of High School Football "Game of the Week", pre-game and post-game shows for Columbus Blue Jackets, and The Cleveland Cavaliers games at Quicken Loans Arena.