Exits in Grande Style

During the final Reds game of 2009, FOX Sports Ohio broadcaster George Grande, the television play-by-play voice of the Cincinnati Reds for the past 17 years, announced he is opting out of the final year of his contract. After a 45-year career in the broadcasting business, Grande has decided to conclude his current role as a full-time Reds announcer to spend more time at home.

“The last 17 years have been a wonderful ride with FOX Sports Ohio and the Reds, but I have decided to opt out of the final year of my contract to spend more time closer to home,” said Grande. “I've enjoyed every minute with my friends at FOX, the Reds and so many fans who have made our time in Cincinnati fantastic. Both FOX and the Reds have great leadership and direction. I fully expect to see the Reds and FOX celebrating a trip to the World Series in 2010, and I will be rooting them on!”

Here's our release as posted on Lance McAlister's website, Redleg Nation: http://redlegnation.com/2009/10/05/george-grande-opts-out/